Meals Ready to Eat for Men Ready to Eat!
Your Opportunity to Join Our KCRM Men’s Center Renovation Team
Kansas City Rescue Mission is pleased to announce that Phase Two of our Reaching Up, Moving Forward campaign is underway!
October 7-November 24, the KCRM Men’s Center will be under construction, repairing, replacing and renovating critical areas of our building:
- New flooring and equipment in our kitchen
- Complete overhaul of our dayroom
- Additional offices in our administrative area
- Renovation of our recovery program restroom and laundry
- New roof and HVAC systems
- Repairs to our brick walls and north warehouse wall
This is an exciting project, but we are in for a BIG challenge — providing food, shelter and other services to up to 140 homeless men each day during the renovation.
You can help us continue to provide meals while our kitchen is down in one of four ways:
1. Make a gift of $390 to help provide one prepared dinner from a local caterer along with the compassionate care our clients need. You can give online or send your check to 1520 Cherry Street, KCMO 64108. Please note MRE in the memo.
2. Sign up for a specific night when you can bring already prepared casseroles crockpot meals or other hot dishes to feed 130 men, or bring in casseroles we can freeze and heat any time during construction.
3. Sign up for a specific night to bring meats and barbeque for 130 men.
4. Talk to your favorite restaurant about donating a dinner for 130 men — fast food and slow food welcome!
Our kitchen can prepare salads, desserts, cold side dishes and drinks — all we need are the entrees. To sign up to help, please click here to get started. To learn more, contact Kyle Kumer at email@example.com or call 816-421-7643 and ask for development.
Thanks for joining us on this renovation adventure. With your help we can continue to essential services and hope for the future to the homeless men who need our help!